Writing a research paper is an important skill for everybody who studies. It doesn’t matter if you are a student of the school, college or university. You need to do a research job and upgrade your skills every year. The simplest way is to follow the universal list that is useful for such improvement and can be successfully used without binding to the sphere of writing. To make your life easier, we created a list that contains 9 paragraphs, and we believe that it will be helpful to any student who wants to write a high-quality paper and get an excellent score for it.
Writing a Research Paper in 9 Simple Steps
You are right to think that writing a research paper is not easy. It is not supposed to be easy, as it checks your ability to summarize what you have learned before and extra research. It doesn’t even sound easy! However, if you look at it as a number of steps you need to take, every step doesn’t seem that critically undoable anymore. Here are those steps in the order you need to write a research paper.
- Step #1. Choose an interesting modern topic. It will be perfect if you already know something about it and have some opinion. The half of success is to be in the mainstream and interest your audience. People prefer short, accurate topics that attract attention and show the main thought of the research. Changeable times require modern topics that seemed uninteresting a few months ago, but now they are on the top of requests.
- Step #2. Make a schedule of writing. The next important step is to make a schedule that will add some kind of discipline and help you with planning the time that you need to spend for a successful and timely result. If you are fond of planning, then you can write a more detailed schedule. If you hate all these plans, then write approximate paragraphs just to create the general picture of future work.
- Step #3. Find trustable sources that you will use later. It is one of the huge problems of modern scientists and researchers. There is too much information on the internet that you can find just by putting the topic on the search query, but a part of it is just reposts and another part are articles without links and famous authors. Fakes are present in any field nowadays and even serious magazines sometimes try to post new researchers as quickly as possible and this haste leads to disappointing results.
- Step #4. Read the sources you found and make notes. That will remind you where exactly you saw that information. In the ocean of links, articles, resources and researchers it is so easy to forget where you saw that or another thought, number or diagram. Remember that every conclusion must be supported by previous researchers or other scientists. Before making and proving your results, you must be aware of what the international community already did.
- Step #5. Discuss with your mentor your writing plan and future results of the research paper. Don’t forget about mentors and their support. Even those who are getting PhD are not alone with their research. Their experience is unique and many-sided. That is why they can give priceless advice and help from the side you didn’t even think from. Advice and support from the community also can be helpful, so ask your colleagues and offer your help if they need it.
- Step #6. Write your paper using sources, notes, plan and own thoughts and conclusions. The biggest and most important part is writing itself. After all preparations, you are ready to if. All thoughts are fitted in your head and represent the full-fledged text. Don’t try to write it in one day or a few hours. Do it thoughtfully because you are the only person who is responsible for the research paper you will represent later.
- Step #7. Add the novelty and prove. Researching is not only collecting information. The main goal of it is to make conclusions that nobody did before. Otherwise, it is more about resuming and copying but not science. If you are afraid that everything was discovered before, you are wrong. Even young scientists can catch small details that were not obvious to the whole world.
- Step #8. Use proofreading. Proofreading is a necessary part of research writing. Everybody uses it, and the sphere of writing doesn’t matter. You can use free services, ask a friend or pay some money for a professional, but don’t ignore the opportunity to fix bugs and make your writing better.
- Step #9. Make a pause for a few days and read the final version of your paper for the last time. It is not easy to do, but works great for your writing. A fresh eye can bring unpredictable results that will improve your work. Unfortunately, it is a common practice to finish writing in a few hours before scoring, but those researchers who use the opposite strategy always win.
What to Do if Research Paper Writing Plan Fails
For those who follow this plan, the result will be predictable and successful. It contains a lot of work and requires time and concentration, however, the creation of every great product always requires effort. The research paper is not an exception. If you are not sure whether you can handle it on your own, a simple “write a research paper for me” request will solve your problem. Students worldwide order papers online when the deadline is scarily close and the guides don’t help to finish on time. Delegating is one of the most efficient ways to reach your goals — remember, that your major goal is to graduate, and you cannot do it if you don’t submit important papers, like term papers, for example, on time. So we wish you inspiration and believe that you can surprise all your professors, be it thanks to your effort or your other efficient decisions and actions.