If you’ve ever wondered how to clean your floors of plav gusinje com home, there are two major steps you should take before any mopping or scrubbing begins. First, sweep or vacuum the rooms of dirt and debris that might be in the way of a good mop. Second, strip back your flooring via sanding with an electric sander.
1. Take a lightweight mop, dampened with water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Mop the floor until dry. The goal here is to rinse away dirt, grime, and soap scum without using harsh chemicals.
2. Switch to a clean mop, this time using a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 2 cups water. Mop away with this solution until the floor is totally dry again.
3. Now it’s time for the really good stuff. The next step is to use a microfiber mop and bucket, which will help you apply the best floor cleaner for your needs: either Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or Drano Max Gel. If you have an oil stain, try using an old toothbrush to scrub it into the cleaner before applying it to your floor. *Do not use these cleaners on marble or polished stone.*
4. The final step is to add a layer of wax, which will bring out the shine and protect the wood. Use a natural based soap or polish, keeping in mind that you might want to try a water-based finish if your floors tend to be slick when wet.
5. If you finish with a shiny floor and no streaks, consider yourself lucky, but even if you do have some streaks, mopping with hot water and vinegar should help remove them. In either case, always use an old cloth that can be tossed in the laundry afterward.
6. Finally, you can clean and shine the floors of your house, office, or school with just a simple mop and bucket. This is especially important to remember if you have kids who will be playing on the floor, which can create streaks if you’re not careful.
7. If you’re very DIY-minded, you can find all of these materials at your local hardware store, as well as special tools that are specialized for use in specific rooms. But even if this sounds like a lot of work for a couple hours every month, consider all the time and money you will save by keeping your floors clean and shiny!
8. Cleaning with vinegar and hot water can be effective, but it is also harsh on your floor and should not be used every time you mop.
9. Besides the aforementioned products, there are other solutions to consider, such as CLR Floor Pans. These are marketed as both a professional cleaner and preventative cleaner, but they are a lot more costly than other home remedies.
10. Don’t forget to take enough rags to clean up your mess!
11. Some mops have a special compartment where you can insert shop towels, which are specially designed to clean dirt and grime, while also acting as a type of buffer between the mop head and the floor.
12. If you have kids who love to play in the bathroom, consider putting together accessories such as a pet shampoo tray for easy cleanup after fun in the tub.
13. As for all your other cleaning needs, especially when it comes to stains, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing an ugly stain on your flooring from some spilled ketchup or blood. If your floor is made of wood and linoleum, it is probably a good idea to test out a spot before you use any heavy-duty cleaning products.
14. If nothing else works, try mixing lemon juice and baking soda to create a paste. Apply it to the stain and let it set, then scrub gently and wipe up with warm water.
15. Finally, keep in mind that if you have large spills or the aforementioned stains on your flooring, you can always use some paper towels or old rags as an absorbent buffer between your mop head and the wood or linoleum beneath it. *Remember: mopping can scratch wood floors!*
16. The only real solution to most of the stains and problems you can face when cleaning your floor is to get a professional. A good cleaner should be able to pinpoint exactly what you’re looking for, so it is best to ask for a recommendation from someone who works in this field every time you need a professional touch.
17. The main thing about cleaning floors is that the first step is knowing what your flooring needs are before you begin. There are many different products that will make your floors look great, and each does its job with its own unique cleaning process.
18. If you enjoy using vinegar frequently for cleaning purposes, it might be time for an upgrade. Consider using a steam mop to get the job done, which will cut down on the time you spend picking up after your kids and adding vinegar to your cleaning routine.
19. After you have cleaned your flooring, consider using tablecloths or mats to give it that special touch. You can also use them for entertaining, which is another great way to show off your floors when you have guests over!
20. As for enjoying the fruits of all this labor, there’s no better feeling than knowing that your floors can be shiny and beautiful and safe at any time of day or night!