Nowadays, the skin issues like acne and premature skin aging are increasing among people. Acne and skin aging affect people of all ages. Problems like acne results in emotional distress and scarring of the skin. You can avoid more skin damage if you start the treatment early. Also, we cannot change the natural aging process.
But, you can control your skin from aging prematurely. You can slow down the aging effects of your skin with the correct medication. Many dermatologists prescribe medicine like tretinoin cream for various skin problems. In this article, we will tell you about tretinoin cream uses and how it is safe for you:
About Tretinoin Cream
Many people are tired of using over-the-counter medicines for skin problems like acne. If you are not getting results, you do not need to worry. You can use tretinoin cream to solve skin problems. This strong prescription medicine is used to treat acne, skin aging signs like fine lines and wrinkles, and dark spots due to sun damage. Also, this cream is safe and approved by the FDA. Thousands of people use this retinoid medication every year. It works by rushing the life cycle of skin cells so that fresh cells can take their place.
Tretinoin and retinol come under the group of compounds derived from vitamin A. Also, retinol is a natural form of vitamin A, and you do not need a prescription for it. If you are not getting good results from retinol, you can try tretinoin for your skin. You can talk to your dermatologist before using tretinoin for treating skin problems.
Benefits Of Tretinoin Cream
Your skin will get many benefits after using tretinoin cream. Below, you can check the best advantages of using this retinoid medicine:
- The use of tretinoin cream has been happening to treat mild to severe acne for 50 years. This medicine works by keeping the skin pores open. Also, it reduces the inflammation due to acne. Tretinoin cream prevents pimples from growing. It also helps in reducing the oil levels in the skin. You have to use this medicine for the long term to treat acne. So, tretinoin is a safe and effective treatment option for acne.
- Tretinoin cream is also beneficial for treating signs of facial skin aging. This anti-aging medicine is best to reverse signs like wrinkles, fine lines, sun exposure damage, and more. This cream works best than other medicines for premature skin aging. Tretinoin cream removes the unhealthy or dead cells from the skin and replaces them with healthy cells. This medicine combats aging signs by boosting collagen production.
How To Use Tretinoin Cream Safely
Before using tretinoin cream, you can remember some things to stay safe. You have to remove all makeup and wash your face before using this cream. Also, do not get this cream in your eyes, mouth, or nose. You should not consume alcohol, lime, or spices while using this medicine. You can notice improvement within 2 to 3 weeks of using this cream.
It is best to use it once a day before bed. It is advisable to talk with your doctor if you face difficulty using this medicine. Below, you can check the steps to apply the tretinoin cream:
- Squeeze the tretinoin cream onto your fingertips and gently apply it to the spots on your skin where you need it to work.
- The cream should disappear into your skin.
- You must use the amount of tretinoin cream recommended by your dermatologist. There is no benefit in using more amount of medicine for your skin.